I quit WhatsApp for a number of reasons:
Annoying Groups: The
groups I was on in WhatsApp drove me nuts. This is my experience, it
needn't be true to everyone. One 'Good morning' message used to get 19
other replies. It was unnecessary and didn't make sense to me. I know I
could switch off notifications, which I often did, but, one of the
groups I was on is a group including my friends from class
(Engineering). They often discussed class schedules and results. This made me keep the notifications on until some of the
members of the group started discussing something I wasn't interested
in.
Last Seen: The Last Seen feature on WhatsApp was not
always so helpful. It always was a negative thing for me. Let us be
honest, not all messages from people share the same priority. May be
you're having a conversation with a person, and when another person
texts you on WhatsApp right then, it gets awkward. You can, may be,
manage two or three conversations together, but after that, your replies
get diluted on each conversation. Not answering to a person when you're
online or when you've been last seen after them sending their text,
leads to them mistaking you for not replying to their message. But, you
might be conversing with someone very important and wouldn't have
replied, in order to avoid a diluted conversation with both. It only
stresses up things. With my old phone, sending text to one person was a
task in itself, imagine 3-4 conversations.
Change in me: Between
the time I got into WhatsApp and quit it, I changed into a different
person. This change was not triggered by WhatsApp, it's a different
issue altogether. Anyway, the new me prefered being alone and having
little or no baseless conversations with people. I spoke to someone only
when it was required. WhatsApp seemed like a network that wouldn't let
me be that person
WhatsApp is a great way to communicate with people. It's just not for me.
I prefer SMS's
WhatsApp is a great way to communicate with people. It's just not for me.
I prefer SMS's
No comments:
Post a Comment